Monday, April 13, 2009

Biotherm Biopur Pore Reducer (by Ms. Squirrel)



Fellow beautistas,

Being invited by Bella to post in her blog means a lot to me. Not only do we share a passion for good coffee, but Bella is also a decorative cosmetics goddess! While she focuses on making lashes look longer, opening eyes with vibrant eye shadows and tinting lips in all shades of red, I am more interested in what is underneath. We are only given one skin, so with the help of various little beauty helpers I try to stay radiant under the semi-transparent layer of my Shiseido foundation.

Some ladies are constantly chasing after the latest Prada handbag or the brand new Jimmy Choos, I keep my eyes open for cleansers, toners, exfoliants, moisturisers, masques and serums. My little apartment located between a waxing/ nail studio and a beauty salon, across the road from one of the top hairdressers in town and a luxury cosmetic store just next to it, it is my mission to keep those shops running!

Today I would like to introduce the latest addition to my family of bottles and tubes in my bathroom shelf.

Biotherm Biopur Pore Reducer - a gentle purifying lotion

No one's skin is perfect and I am afraid to say, neither is mine. Lately my skin started to get a quite oily T-Zone. Almost everyone gets a light shine after a few hours, but mine was getting a little too oily for my taste. Emergency consultation with my beauty expert Sandra at the luxury cosmetic store! The Biotherm lotion was recommended and then purchased immediately.

Filled into a sturdy violet coloured bottle, this alcohol free and non-comedogenic lotion has all you need to get rid of unnecessary shine and large pores. "Saponine water and oil-regulating copper and zinc plus witch hazel extract are combined into a lotion to refine skin texture and brighten the complexion.", the bottle says. The smaller the pore, the less oil will come out, hence less shine.

I was sold the first morning I used it. After cleansing my face with face wash, I gave the bottle a shake (there is a white sediment on the bottom of the bottle, so give it a good cocktail shake) and poured some of the fresh citrus scented toner onto a cotton pad. Gently running it over my face, I could instantly feel a tingling sensation and it felt that my pores were tightening. You get best results when you massage your skin with the cotton pad until you get the feeling that your skin starts feeling dry and has absorbed the lotion. Then I applied my various eye and face serums and creams and put my make up on. After a day in my air conditioned office, a couple of coffees and numerous chats with colleagues, I was pleased to see that I was almost shine free when I came home at night.

I have used this heaven-sent lotion for a little over three weeks now. I look forward to using it every time due to the refreshing, clean scent and the great things it does to my skin. My pores are smaller, my skin redefined and my T-Zone does not look like I use olive oil as a moisturiser after 12 hours. I even have the feeling it firmed my skin a little bit.

Bravo Biotherm, you did it again!

À bientôt, Ms. Squirrel

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the post Ms. Squirrel!!!
    I am sure our readers will be intrigued and demand more of your wisdom!!!
    Luvz u, Bella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the readers would only truly understand your expertise in this area if they had seen the supplies in your bathroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure Ms. Squirrel will develop followers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for having me Bella, you are a fabulous host!

    DairyFarmer has still not recovered from the collection of eye creams in my bathroom as it seems. LOL *smooch*

    ReplyDelete

Gracias for joining us at the Café Beautique. Leave me your ideas and tips!