This has been quite the mascara week, eh? Sorry about being MIA Wednesday, lots of non-beauty related things going on. Anyways, maybe that gave you a chance to reflect on this weeks step to perfect lashes.... quick recap:
- Keep your lashes in shape: clean and love them.
- Decide whether to use a primer, to curl... or not.
- Look up which type of mascara better suits your lashes needs.
Now, you finally have bought yourself a new tube. You are happy and ready to experiment your new look. With a new mascara, try to have NO expectations: it helps to not destroy your dreams of vampy and sultry eyelashes.
So, how to apply mascara? I think we all develop our tips and tricks; and some hermanas who blog have AWESOME video tutorials. I can only share with you what makes sense to me; so here goes it.
- Mascara is my last step in makeup. After my eye shadows and eyeliner are set and happy; it is mascara time.
- Do not pump the applicator in and out. Air gets into the tube and dries the mascara's formula.
- Always get rid of excess product in the border. If your brush has too much mascara, the results will be ghastly.
- Coat upper lashes first. A zig zag movement is a great idea; followed by a defining upward stroke. then go for the lower lashes (some chicas do not apply mascara to their lower lashes, and they look just as fabulous). My application ritual is a 1-2 + 1-2. Upper left lash, upper right lash. Again. Again. (I usually wear 3 coats). Lower left lash, lower right lash (usually just one coat).
- In between coats and before running outside to face the day; SEPARATE your lashes. Get yourself a lash comb for this. I am still looking for a better one; so plzzzz send me recommendations. If you make this little step part of your daily routine, you will not only look better; but you will see that you need less mascara.
That said, I really want to hear from you. Any tips or tricks? Do tell.