I was able to do this before departing for Mexique; but today; while you are getting all vampy to go out and about, do an overview of your makeup goodies. Seriously. How many years will you keep that lip gloss your aunt Yaya gave you that tastes like bowling alley ashtrays? Or how about that shade you love but never used because it was discontinued?
Remember mujeres, makeup has a shelf life. It is not only creepy to see and use oldmakeup, but it is also unsafe. Even the FDA has an info sheet on how long to keep that stash.
Quick double check list:
- Foundation: 12-18 months depending on texture (oil, pressed, liquid, etc).
- Powders (blushes, bronzers, etc): 2 years
- Eye shadow: 2 years
- Crayon Liners: 2 years (I say more like 1 and 3 months)
- Liquid eyeliner: tops 6 months
- Mascara: 3 months (I ditch mine within 8 weeks, perhaps because I go for the killer eyelash look daily)
- Lipstick + lipliner of the creamy type: 2 years
- Lip gloss: 18-24 months
Now, go get luvly and hit the town (or the couch, which is what Rojo and I will do as soon as work is over). Enjoy yourselves, don't get stupid (a drunk hermana is NOT sexy or cool or charming; believe me), have 5 minutes of me-time to reflect on what was good in 2008 and smile a New Year in.
See you in 2009 hermanas!