Friday, February 13, 2009

Café Review: Spa Nourish Shampoo + Conditioner





Hermanas!!!

Those who know me are pretty aware of how crazy I am about Trader Joe's. I usually walk there during my lunch hour and get goodies for the house. That is where I get our coffee (French Roast for Rojo and Colombian Supremo for Bella), and our salad fixings (and no A.J., it is not arugula), our hummus, etc.

But one thing I love even more about Trader Joe's is their line of haircare; with the notable exception of the Tea Tree Tingle that, honoring its name, tingles a bit too much; and no one wants to feel you have ants biting your scalp, right?

We have been using their Spa Nourish shampoo and conditioner for some time and luvz it. A lot. Some hermanas say it does not make enough foam, as if that had anything to do with how good a shampoo is!!! Actually, the more foam a shampoo makes, the more harsh chemicals it has, more foam = more soap.

Spa Nourish does not have laureth sulfates or any of the other public enemies for your mane. It doesn't smell like anything; and it is -oh si chicas- cheap as cheap comes. For an organic shampoo you might end up forking over more than 5 or 6 dollars. Not with SPA nourish. This duo costs $6.00 for both shampoo and conditioner. Surprised? I was too.

I have found that with having such long hair like mine, I need a cleaning routine that is not harsh and does not leave residue. This Spa Nourish is just what I need. Now, remember that it is a good idea to altern
ate between hair products. I usually switch between Spa Nourish, Aussie Sydney Smooth, and other brands.

I am reading a book called The Green BeautyGuide by Julie Gabriel; and I am educating myself on the kinds of things I most definitely do not want in my hair. I will keep you posted. You should drop by her site and see what's new with her. The lady knows her stuff!!!



Siempre, Bella.



5 comments:

  1. Hola,

    How are you doing? By the way, happy Valentine's to you!!

    Also, I have a triple award for you. Check it out at my blog. You deserve it hermanas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. trader's joe spa nourish conditioner is the TRUTH!!! loooove it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Thanks BT!!!

    Amina, I agree chica, it is THE trugth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Trader Joe's here....AUGH! Although we do have a Sam's Club close by. With my long hair (and I do mean LONG!) it is hard to find really good products for keeping it the way I want...touchable and sexy. I switch around with my hair care items and for the moment I am using TRESsemme products. Methinks I will be searching out these Spa Nourish products. Can you believe someone actually said that a woman of my age should have SHORT hair!!!! BAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHUT UP!!!! Long hair is amazing at any age; so long as it is nourished babeeeeee!!!
    You have lovely hair hermana, so there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Gracias for joining us at the Café Beautique. Leave me your ideas and tips!